Workshops in October 2018.
Newcastle Workshop- Family Business Growth with Chris Mackey.
Master Builders Association Auditorium
165 Lambton Road
Time 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm. 18th October 2018
Who should attend? Professional Family Business Owners.
Are you going around and around your “business” hamster wheel?
Are you feeling trapped by your family business?
Are you disappointed that your family business—which you dreamed would offer you greater freedom—is starting to feel like a prison of your own making?
Are you working backbreaking hours and still feeling the pressure to chase clients and make more money?
Are you just running faster and faster but getting more and more frustrated?
Many Family Businesses are trapped too. Just like you.
You exchange dollars for hours and quickly hit a ceiling on their income potential. You constantly scramble for new clients. It’s either ‘feast or famine’- when you have customers you are so busy working you don’t have time to market and vice versa.
Round and round the hamster wheel we go… .You love what you do but hate the fact that every day is a struggle to survive.
I’ve been there and know what you are going through.
And I’m here to reveal a secret… one of the best ways to get off the Family Business Wheel once and for all is to turn chaos into control.
Step One: Organize Your Thoughts
- Brainstorm. Take some time to consider what your system is (even if you recognize you have one or not). Talk to existing and past customers about their experience working with you. Write down everything so that you can pinpoint your unique process.
- Vision.Once you have a handle on everything you want to include, create a vision for your Family Business. Just the mere act of writing an outline will get you more clarity around your “why”.
Step Two: Create the Systems
- Write. Writing is excruciating sometimes but it is a great discipline for helping you understand your systems and process that make your business different from any other on the planet.
- Record. There’s nothing like reading something out loud to get clarity. Plus it’s so easy.A recording is a great timesaver. The best part is audio has become an increasingly popular learning tool for our ‘on the go’ lifestyles.
Step Three: Sack yourself
- Job description. Now you’ve organized your own process and articulated it through writing or recording, it’s time to delegate more to your team. Everyone learns using different modalities so it’s preferable to package each of your tasks into PDF & Video/ Audio.
- Culture. Engage your teams in creating your culture statement. Seriously, if you want people to turn up for more than a pay packet, get your culture written down and then live it—on automatic pilot!
So get off the ‘dollars for hours’ hamster wheel. Take control of where you are going, systemize and sack yourself. You’ll earn more money and have more free time while serving more people. Sounds like a win-win to me. What do you think?